Created BY Practice Administrators FOR Practice Administrators
Welcome to a customized resource created BY practice administrators FOR practice administrators!
Meet the practice administrator committee
Early career practice administrators told SHM they needed resources curated just for them. SHM’s Practice Administrators’ Committee took this feedback and has developed a one-stop source for resources derived from the Key Characteristics of an Effective HMG.
Find the skills and characteristics you are interested in, and click the links to learn more.
1. Clinical Leadership Change
2. Dyad v. Practice Administrator Role (EI)
3. Effective Change Agent
4. Clinician to Administrator Transition
5. Coaching A-B-C Players/Move Up or Move Out
6. Effective Meetings/Action Oriented Agendas
7. How Does Your Hospital Medicine Group Stack Up?
8. What's Going on in Hospital Medicine?
2. Demonstrating Your Hospital Medicine Group's Value
1. Strategic Planning
2. Basics: Introduction to Hospital Medicine
3. Process Improvement
1. Incentive Programs
2. Compensation Plans
4. Payment Shifts and How They Impact Your Practice (Subsidies & Investments)
1. Recruitment & Retention -Perms & Locums
3. Incentive Programs
5. Get Involved
Join the practice administrator and practice management communities within HMX.
This online forum is FREE to SHM members.
Email your comments to PAfeedback@hospitalmedicine.org.