Thank you to the attendees that joined Leonard J. Marcus for a two-day Leadership Seminar: You’re It: Crisis, Change and How to Lead When It Matters Most. This virtual seminar is now over. If you attended and are looking for CME log into the SHM Learning Portal.
SHM's Leadership Virtual Seminar: You're It: Crisis, Change and How to Lead When It Matters Most took place September 16-17, 2020 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. EST (each day).
This seminar followed the format of SHM's Leadership Academy and was run by Leonard J. Marcus, Ph.D.
Two-Day Virtual Seminar
The Leadership Virtual Seminar followed SHM's Leadership Academy and offered a didactic experience with virtual breakouts. The Seminar consisted of how to:
- Understand how to work with complexity and lead through it: COVID-19 is a complex crisis
- Focus on your personal conduct as a leader and the impact your discipline can have, on you and others, in forging influence beyond authority.
- Build situational awareness, recognizing what you know and don't know and learn how to integrate different perspectives in problem solving
- Forge connectivity of effort as a force multiplier for what you accomplish as a leader, ultimately fostering Swarm Leadership principles and practices into your team building
- Apply the Meta-Leadership framework to reflect and learn from COVID-19 leadership experiences, so that you can do better into the future.
Wednesday, September 16, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. (EDT)
4:00 p.m. Leading Through Complexity: Meta-Leadership Thinking and Practice
4:30 p.m. Whole Image Negotiation: Conflict or Collaboration? Great and Lousy Leaders
5:00 p.m. The Person of the Meta-Leader: Getting Smarter Than Your Brain
5:30 p.m. Leading Through COVID-19: The Arc of Time
6:00 p.m. Conclusion
Thursday, September 17, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. (EDT)
4:00 p.m. Leading Through A Complex Situation: Driving to the Knowns & POP-DOC
4:45 p.m. Connectivity of Action: Leading Down, Up, Across and Beyond
5:15 p.m. Swarm Leadership: Five Principles in Practice
5:30 p.m. Resolving Conflict: The Walk in the Woods
6:00 p.m. Conclusion
Leonard J. Marcus, Ph.D
Leonard J. Marcus, Ph.D. is the founding co-director of the National Preparedness Leadership Initiative at Harvard and an internationally recognized authority on leadership during times of crisis and change.