Quality & Safety Educators Academy
The Quality and Safety Educators Academy (QSEA) provides medical educators with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to develop curricula that will educate and engage residents or students in quality improvement and patient safety.
QSEA is an interactive two-and-a-half-day program designed to assist participants in developing their knowledge and skills in the science of quality improvement and patient safety as well as curriculum development.
The conference is led by physicians experienced in practicing and teaching quality improvement and patient safety, mentoring junior faculty and guiding educators through curriculum development. The program provides ample time for interaction between faculty and attendees.
Who should attend?
- Program directors or assistant program directors interested in acquiring new curricular ideas to help them meet the ACGME requirements, which require residency programs to integrate quality and safety into their curriculum
- Medical school leaders or clerkship directors developing quality and safety curricula for students
- Faculty who are beginning a new role or expanding an existing role in quality and safety education
- Quality and safety leaders who wish to extend their influence and effectiveness by learning strategies to teach and engage trainees
During the Academy, you can expect:
- To enhance your knowledge and skills in the field of quality and safety and curriculum development
- A hands-on interactive learning environment with a 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio including facilitated large group sessions, small group exercises, and panel discussions
- To be placed in mentor groups at the beginning of the conference in order to develop a small professional network within a larger network of peers
- All sessions to be led by experienced physicians known for their ability to practice and teach quality improvement and patient safety, mentor junior faculty, and guide educators in curriculum development
- Opportunities to network with the conference faculty who will remain onsite throughout the entire academy
At the conclusion of the Academy, you can expect:
- To have a new peer network of colleagues who are engaged in similar educational work at their institutions
- To have acquired a repertoire of curriculum ideas to implement
- To leave with a toolkit of educational resources and curricular tools for quality and safety education
- To be provided with complimentary access to the HQPS Online Academy, online CME-awarding modules developed by SHM’s Quality Improvement Education Committee
The Woodlands Resort provides a convenient escape to nature, a gorgeous forest setting that inspires and delights, an array of leisure and business amenities, and genuine Texas hospitality.
Discounted room rates of $219.00 (single/double occupancy plus tax and resort fee) are available for reservations made on or before Friday, May 28th, 2021 (or as long as rooms are still available in the block). All reservations made after May 28th, 2021, or earlier if the room block becomes sold out, will be confirmed on a space-available basis at the prevailing rack rate.
Reservations may be made by calling 800.433.2624 and using Booking ID #SHM0627