The Doctors Company is the exclusively endorsed medical malpractice carrier for the Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM). The Doctors Company has always been guided by a fundamental belief: that the practice of good medicine should be advanced, protected, and rewarded.
Backed by the financial strength of more than $4.6 billion in assets and a membership of 80,000 physicians nationwide, The Doctors Company offers SHM members expert guidance, resources, and coverage. That’s malpractice insurance without the “mal.”
Benefits for Eligible SHM Members:
- Program discount of up to 7.5 percent for qualified members with a favorable claims history.
- Participation in the Tribute® Plan, an unrivaled financial benefit that rewards member loyalty and commitment to superior patient care.
- Free tail coverage for qualified members.
- Patient safety programs tailored to the needs of SHM members.
- Automatic protection against privacy breach and Medicare reviews through CyberGuard® cyber liability protection and MediGuard® regulatory risk coverage.
- Risk management credit of 5 percent for completing five online modules related to hospital quality and patient safety on the SHM Learning Portal.
- Additional claims-free credit of up to 25 percent for eligible members.
- The industry’s most aggressive claims defense—including an ironclad consent-to-settle guarantee, where permitted by law.