The Doctors Company is the exclusively endorsed medical malpractice carrier for the Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM). The Doctors Company (thedoctors.com) has always been guided by a fundamental belief: that the practice of good medicine should be advanced, protected, and rewarded.
Backed by the financial strength of more than $6 billion in assets and a membership of 80,000 physicians nationwide, The Doctors Company offers SHM members expert guidance, resources, and coverage. That’s malpractice insurance without the mal.
The Doctors Company is part of the TDC Group (thetdcgroup.com), the nation’s largest physician-owned provider of insurance, risk management, and healthcare practice improvement solutions, serves the full continuum of care from individual physicians to academic medical systems—over 100,000 healthcare professionals and organizations nationwide—with annual revenue of $1 billion, and over $6 billion in assets.
Benefits for Eligible SHM Members:
- Program discount of up to 7.5 percent for qualified members with a favorable claims history.
- Participation in the Tribute® Plan, an unrivaled financial benefit that rewards member loyalty and commitment to superior patient care.
- Free tail coverage for qualified members.
- Patient safety programs tailored to the needs of SHM members.
- Automatic protection against privacy breach and Medicare reviews through CyberGuard® cyber liability protection and MediGuard® regulatory risk coverage.
- Risk management credit of 5 percent for completing five online modules related to hospital quality and patient safety on the SHM Learning Portal.
- Additional claims-free credit of up to 25 percent for eligible members.
- The industry’s most aggressive claims defense—including an ironclad consent-to-settle guarantee, where permitted by law.