SHM supports a vibrant multidisciplinary membership base and offers customized resources and benefits to meet your needs as a program director. Here are some of the ways an SHM membership can support your lifelong learning objectives and help you prepare your residents for a future in hospital medicine.
- Network with other program directors and hospitalist colleagues locally at chapter meetings and nationally at conferences and events.
- Access on-demand online CME activities and MOC test prep tools to keep yourself and your residents up to date.
- Stay up to date with subscriptions to SHM’s exclusive publications, The Hospitalist and the Journal of Hospital Medicine.
Resources for Your Residents
SHM offers resident members curated resources to meet their professional and educational needs as well as opportunities to network with other hospital medicine professionals and increase their visibility in the field.
Membership includes the following:
- A complimentary subscription to SHM’s comprehensive self-assessment tool, SPARK ONE.
- Discounted rates to attend the exclusive Early Career Hospitalist track at SHM’s Annual Conference.
- An opportunity to receive a $1,000 Resident Travel Grant to attend SHM’s Annual Conference.
- Curated resources and information on a career in hospital medicine including SHM's Hospitalist Career Guide.
Host an Event for Residents
SHM hosts career events around the country to educate residents and students about hospital medicine and present them with the opportunity to hear from a panel of hospitalists and ask questions.
If you are interested in hosting an event, please contact our membership department for more information.
Institutional Resident Membership
Resident membership is currently discounted at $95/year. Receive an even lower rate by signing up all residents in your hospital medicine program. Please contact our membership department for more information.