Glycemic Control Mentored Implementation Program
A personal approach to your next QI program.
SHM offers a mentored implementation program for hospitals looking to improve their techniques and optimize care of inpatients with hyperglycemia and diabetes in preventing hypoglycemia through a more personal coaching approach.
Mentors with QI and glycemic control expertise will work alongside your QI team to coach you through best practices and help you to tackle site-specific issues, addressing areas such as:
- Subcutaneous insulin protocols
- Transition from subcutaneous to infusion
- Infusion insulin
- Care coordination
- Improving follow-up care
- Ensuring an effective hypoglycemia management and prevention protocol
The program supports sites in optimizing the care of inpatients with hyperglycemia and diabetes and in preventing hypoglycemia. Accepted sites will participate in a 12-month mentoring program, which includes:
- An assigned mentor to help coach your team
- Approximately 12 mentor/mentee calls
- A site visit
- 2 years of access to SHM’s data center for glucometrics and benchmark reports
- An online community to share information, ask questions and track progress on the Hospital Medicine Exchange (HMX), SHM’s national discussion forum
There are currently 220 hospitals and institutions using SHM’s Glycemic Control Mentored Implementation Program.
Want more information?
If you are interested in registering for GC Mentored Implementation program or have questions about the program, please contact SHM.
After filling out SHM's contact form, a dedicated SHM staff member will contact you to set up time best convient for you to recieving in-depth infomation about SHM's GC Mentored Implementation Program.
Ready to Enroll?
Click here to complete an application.