Earn recognition for your research.
SHM's Junior Investigator Award was created for junior/early-stage investigators, defined as a faculty in the first 5 years of their most recent position/appointment. Applicants must be a hospitalist or clinician-investigator whose research interests focus on the care of hospitalized patients, the organization of hospitals or the practice of hospitalists. Applicants must be members of SHM in good standing. Nominations from mentors and self-nominations are both welcome.
All submissions for the Junior Investigator Award require the following:
1. Submission Packet
Must include the following sections:
- Nomination or self-nomination letter
- Career development goals (not to exceed one page)
- Area of interest and impact of research (not to exceed two pages)
- Engagement with SHM (not to exceed one page)
2. Nomination Letter from Superior
3. NIH Biosketch
Please note: All nominees must be SHM members. Nominees may be self-nominated.
What the Winner Receives
In honor of his or her achievements, the recipient receives:
- Complimentary one-year SHM membership and registration to SHM’s Annual Conference
- Recognition on stage at SHM’s Annual Conference
- Acknowledgement in The Hospitalist, SHM’s monthly news magazine, and on SHM's website
How to Apply
Nominations for the 2019 Junior Investigator Award are now closed.
Congratulations to the 2019 winner, Oanh Nguyen, MD, MAS.
Please check back in Fall 2019 for the 2020 nominations. If you have questions or need more information, please email email@example.com