Academic Hospitalist Academy
Advance your career in academic hospital medicine.
Academic Hospitalist Academy (AHA) provides academic hospitalists with the educational, scholarly, and professional development skills they need to advance their careers and continue on a pathway to success in academic hospital medicine.
AHA Level 1 will be help September 12-15, 2022. This program is primarily designed for junior hospitalists pursuing academic careers.
By the end of Level 1, attendees will be able to:
- Learn how to be effective teachers
- Understand the process necessary to create and disseminate scholarly work
- Become aware of the basics of promotion within an academic institution
AHA Level 2 will be held September 12-15, 2022. This program aims to meet the needs of academic hospitalists, addressing topics critical to all mid-career academics. The Level 2 Academy was created for mid-career academic hospitalists.
By the end of Level 2, attendees will be able to:
- Identify and learn the skills necessary in academic hospital medicine to advance their career to the next level, regardless of specific areas of interest
- Identify resources and techniques to continue to build their skills as their career progresses
- Identify and pursue a scholarly niche
Sponsored by the Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM), Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) and Association of Chiefs & Leaders of General Internal Medicine (ACLGIM).
“This conference was one of the best I have ever attended. Fantastic practical strategies were presented, allotted time for reflection allowed me to focus on my career plan, and it was an incredible networking environment.”
“This conference was transformative, professionally and personally. Each session gave me actionable insights that I can use in my practice every day.”
“...I found the experience transformative. I was touched by each speaker’s willingness to share their deeply personal experiences with us…”