Join the REVISITS Study
SHM invites you to complete a brief survey demonstrating your interest level in joining the REVISITS Study (Respiratory Emergency Visits Using Implementation Science Interventions Tailored to Settings).
The Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM), the Principal Investigator, Valerie Press, and the co-investigators and collaborators from the COPD Foundation and HOMERun invite you to complete this participation interest survey regarding the "REVISITS" (Respiratory Emergency Visits Using Implementation Science Interventions Tailored to Settings) Study.
By participating in the study you'd join 20 hospitals nationwide in improving the quality and value of care for patients hospitalized with COPD exacerbations as they transition home and aim to avoid revisits.
Sites participate at no cost and receive:
- Support in conducting needs assessments and site-implementation plans for COPD transition of care bundles (2-3 interventions) for sites interested in implementing and/or improving open existing COPD transition of care programs
- Individualized mentoring (virtual site visits and monthly mentor meetings) from QI experts with training in the Mentored Implementation approach
- Support with implementation evaluation through baseline, monthly implementation, and up to two years post-implementation analysis of key performance metrics
- Half of sites will be randomized to also receive co-design input from health design experts
- Access to data center and support for entering, reviewing, and comparing your hospital’s performance to others
- Opportunities for professional development (e.g., QI leadership experience, authorship)
- Site leads will receive honoraria for their participation
Participating sites will be asked to:
- Identify two site leads
- Obtain institutional support from administrative leaders and regulatory systems to participate in REVISITS and implement the sites' intervention bundles
- Attend monthly mentoring meetings
- Participate in the pre-implementation needs assessment and site-readiness planning
- Provide de-identified data (baseline, implementation, and post-implementation to evaluate the effectiveness and impact of the implemented bundle during and after implementation)
Let us know your interest in participating in the REVISITS Study and join hospitals nationwide in improving the quality and value of care for patients hospitalized with COPD exacerbations as they transition home and aim to avoid revisits.