CME of Interest
As hospital medicine is a broad and diverse topic, continuing medical education (CME) and training opportunities continue to expand for hospitalists. SHM compiles an ongoing list of recommended, hospital medicine-specific programs that we find to be of value to our members. The CME opportunities listed below are sponsored by other organizations.
To post an activity, please visit SHM's submission form.
5th Annual National Hospitalist Conference
Date of Activity: September 13-16, 2021
Sponsor: Continuing Education Company
Description: The 5th Annual National Hospitalist Conference on September 13-16, 2021 on the grounds of the Biltmore Estate in awe-inspiring Asheville is designed to provide attendees with the information and skills to improve the care of hospitalized patients.
This conference has been accredited for up to 16.5 CME credits. The conference's focus is on the practical management of problems commonly encountered in hospital medicine. An emphasis will be placed on recent advances, up-to-date practices, and guidelines for inpatient care. This 3-day CME conference will provide attendees with AAFP Prescribed credits, AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, and ABIM MOC points.
- $750.00 for Physicians
- $685.00 for Residents and other healthcare professionals In-Person
- $575.00 for Virtual Livestream Webcast
Objectives:Provide an accurate diagnostic assessment for a broad range of disorders commonly seen in the inpatient setting. Utilize current guidelines in the management of commonly encountered therapeutic issues presented by the hospitalized patient. Formulate comprehensive evidence-based interventions and treatment strategies that will lead to the reduction of modifiable risk factors and improved outcomes.
CME Credits and Accrediting Body:
16.50 AMA PR Category 1 credits - AAFP
Principles of Critical Care Medicine for Non-Intensive Care Specialists | LIVE-STREAM
Date of Activity: Sept. 22-24, 2021
Sponsor: Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Description: This cutting-edge CME course is intended to provide core clinical critical-care skills to health care providers who are not trained as intensivists but whose clinical duties involve taking care of critically ill patients. The focus of this course will be to highlight recent important evidence-based advances in the practice of modern critical care medicine and leaving you with tangible strategies to immediately improve your practice. Hot-off-the press emerging topics will also be addressed, arming you with the latest information. The program features active learning strategies such as real-time audience-response questions, live demonstrations, and interactive Q&A.
CME Credits and Accrediting Body: 22.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and ABIM MOC Points
American Delirium Society 2021 Virtual Annual Conference
Date of Activity: June 13-15, 2021
Sponsor: American Delirium Society
Description: Welcome to the American Delirium Society (ADS) 2021 Virtual Annual Conference! We are pleased to host a 3-day meeting experience, which is expected to draw more than 400 investigators, educators, and clinicians from all spectrums of healthcare and around the globe! #ADS21Virtual is the destination for professionals dedicated to improving delirium care at every level of their career.
The ADS conference focuses on learning with a diverse group of attendees across many disciplines and countries – each and everyone striving to learn together as we improve delirium care across all healthcare settings.
The conference offers more than 20 symposia, workshops and roundtables, multiple abstract sessions, a virtual poster session, and a robust all-day pre-conference. Internationally recognized faculty will deliver cutting-edge clinical and research presentations encompassing all aspects of delirium care. We are proud to say that there will be something for everyone!
Don’t miss the following important events:
- A dynamic full-day pre-conference. Through interactive didactic sessions and delirium assessment training, this intense curriculum will provide you with the skills to make important practice changes at your institution.
- Plenaries from internationally recognized translational, clinical, and policy experts.
- Workshops and roundtables focused on practice improvement, education, research design/biostatistics, NIH funding, and translational research.
- Symposia focused on imaging, biomarkers, ICU practice change, sleep, palliative care, pediatrics, and postoperative delirium prevention.
- The NIDUS investigators will provide an update on their efforts to boost research infrastructure and training.
- Presentations of oral abstracts moderated by senior investigators in the field.
- A poster session moderated by experts in the field.
Finally, we wish to acknowledge the hard work and outstanding efforts of the Conference Planning Committee. A full list of committee members can be found below. We welcome you to the ADS 2021 Virtual Annual Conference and hope you take advantage of all ADS has to offer.
- Identify evidence-based best practices for recognizing and assessing delirium among patients in hospital, outpatient, and long-term care settings.
- Discuss evidence-based preventative and therapeutic strategies for reducing the prevalence and duration of delirium across the continuum of care.
- Review novel and innovative strategies to develop, implement, evaluate and sustain health system delirium reduction efforts.
- Explain emerging and high-impact research focused on delirium epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment.
CME Credits and Accrediting Body:
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the American Delirium Society and Sutter Health. Sutter Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
If your organization is providing CME intended for hospitalists, please fill out the form below for SHM to share your program with our members.