VTE Mentored Implementation Program
The Facilitating Anticoagulation for Safer Transitions (FAST) Mentored Implementation Program
The Society of Hospital Medicine is proud to offer hospitals around the nation the FAST Mentored Implementation Program.
The program has been developed to provide resources and training to equip hospitalists with the skills to improve transitions of care for VTE patients.
2020 Program Information
The FAST Mentored Implementation program will provide implementation support over 20 months, beginning in early 2020.
The program will include monthly calls, a site visit with an SHM physician mentor and a formal assessment of program implementation.
During the program, your SHM physician mentor will guide you through:
- Review of existing interventions and strategies to transition VTE patients out of the hospital
- Identifying the optimal practices for facilitating transitions of care for VTE patients
- Selection of implementation units
- Design and implementation of key interventions to enhance safety for hospitalized patients who are diagnosed with a VTE
- Formal selection of data collection measures
- Review of outcome and process data on intervention units
- Planning for sustainability post formal implementation period
Only the top eight qualifying applicant hospitals will be selected. There is no cost to the sites participating in the program.
- Can demonstrate institutional support
- Are committed to implementing or improving an existing transitions of care program to improve outcomes for VTE patients
- Have previous experience implementing a full scale quality improvement initiative (QI) related to any clinical topic
- Are able to assemble an interdisciplinary team to implement the FAST transitions of care program and accompanying suite of interventions, ideally with leadership from a hospitalist
Applications Now Open
Hospitals interested in participating are encouraged apply.
For questions about the program or application process, please Contact Us.