The Society of Hospital Medicine offers a wide variety of options for you to use your funds to meet your specific needs. Explore the most popular offerings below as you decide which development opportunities you would like to pursue:
From education to professional development, SHM is laser-focused on providing hospital medicine-specific opportunities, including networking, advocacy and leadership development to take your career to the next level. Above all, joining SHM will empower you to make a positive impact on patients and the entire hospital medicine community.
- Claim free or discounted on-demand CME through the SHM Learning Portal and the Education app
- Network with colleagues at national conferences and local chapter meetings
- Earn a Fellow in Hospital Medicine designation
- Receive complimentary subscriptions to The Hospitalist and the Journal of Hospital Medicine
- Access member-only resources like "NP/PA Practice Integration & Optimization" and "More Caring, Less Clicking"
Learn more about SHM member benefits.
Spark Edition 2
Spark Edition 2 is an engaging self-assessment app catered to your educational needs and busy lifestyle. Earn up to 112.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM and ABIM MOC points from your smartphone, tablet or desktop.
The State of Hospital Medicine Report
The State of Hospital Medicine (SoHM) Report defines industry standards and is the most comprehensive resource on hospital medicine group configuration and operation. Released biennially, it includes the most recent data on practice demographics, staffing levels, turnover, staff growth, compensation models and financial support for solid evidence-based management decisions from across the country. It combines data collected in the State of Hospital Medicine Survey and data from the Medical Group Management Association’s Physician Compensation and Production Survey.