Glycemic Control eQUIPS Program
An online approach to glycemic control programs.
SHM is pleased to offer the Glycemic Control (GC) eQUIPS program, the first online-only program that provides you and your hospital with the resources, tools and support it needs to optimize care for patients facing glycemic control-related problems.
SHM's Electronic Quality Improvement Programs (eQUIPS) are web-based resources and online collaboratives designed to help jumpstart hospital-based quality improvement and patient safety activities.
SHM's Glycemic Control eQUIPS Program
Glycemic Control eQUIPS focuses on optimizing the care of inpatients with hyperglycemia and diabetes. This program's virtual library of resources, including a step-by-step implementation guide, addresses various issues that range from subcutaneous insulin protocols to care coordination and good hypoglycemia management. In addition, this program offers access to a data center for performance tracking and benchmarking.
This program aims to support your institution in:
- Gaining understanding in the principles of glycemic control.
- Improving glycemic control data collection/analysis/and reporting.
- Building and obtaining approval for protocols/policies for glycemic control.
- Creating a culture for change and change management.
Being part of the GC eQUIPS program includes access to a multitude of resources and tools to help you optimize the care of patients with hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia and diabetes.
- Implementation Guide: The implementation guide addresses various issues that range from subcutaneous insulin protocols to care coordination and hypoglycemia management. The guide includes a step-by-step workbook for assisting institutions in implementing a glycemic control program.
- Data Center for Performance Tracking: SHM provides an internal achievement log template for your institution to track its performance.
- Benchmarking and Reporting Service: Hospitals participating in the program are given the opportunity to benchmark their glycemic control performance against other hospitals in the program in a bi-annually produced by SHM.
- Online Community and Collaborative Access: As a member of the program, your hospital receives access to an online national community forum designed for sharing resources, such as order sets, and peer interaction.
- Access to On-Demand Webinars: Webinars are facilitated by national experts, topics include Diabetes Management, IV Insulin Management Strategies, Change Management and Introduction to Glycemic Control.
Discover a glimpse of this one-of-a-kind program in our sample benchmarking brochure. Complete the brief form to gain access.
Want more information?
Download this informational flyer for details about the program offerings and a list of commonly asked questions and answers.
If you are interested in registering for GC eQUIPS program or have questions about the program, please contact SHM.
After filling out SHM's contact form, a dedicated SHM staff member will contact you to set up time best convenient for you to recieving in-depth infomation about SHM's GC eQUIPS Program.
Click here for a list of past and present program participants.
Ready to Enroll?
GC eQUIPS is a subscription-based program that is valid for two years of activity.
- Subscription: $5,000/2 years
- Subsequent Year Renewals: $2,500/year
Contact SHM for enrollment information.