COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy
Enroll in Peer-to-Peer Learning Network
SHM invites you to enroll in a learning network that equips participants with resources and best practices to conduct patient-centered discussions with hospitalized patients about the benefits of vaccination against COVID-19.
SHM’s Center for Quality Improvement invites you to enroll in an innovative peer-to-peer learning network that equips participants with resources and best practices to conduct patient-centered discussions with hospitalized patients about the benefits of vaccination against COVID-19. You will learn from hospitalist faculty experts about the most effective strategies to communicate with hospitalized patients about the safety and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines while reducing vaccine hesitancy in many communities around the country.
- Opportunities to participate in facilitated 45-minute, monthly online interactive webinar sessions with hospital clinician peers from across the country highlighting topics such as current best practices and patient education strategies to support vaccination efforts, identifying vaccine hesitancy in target populations based on case-based scenarios, and implementing an awareness campaign within your institution to better educate other frontline clinicians.
- Access to education modules addressing the fundamentals of new novel vaccines as well as motivational interviewing techniques to better understand common reasons for vaccine hesitancy.
- Ability to download patient educational resources (such as a discussion guide and awareness campaign materials) to facilitate education at the bedside about the safety, efficacy, and benefits of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Guidance on how to implement a successful awareness campaign in your hospital to increase COVID-19 vaccinations.
The program is currently underway and accepting new enrollments for the following dates and times:
- Session 4 – Tuesday, February 22 at 2:00 pm Eastern Time
2nd Offering of Sessions:
Enroll today and join the many hospitalists that are leading the way in improving vaccination rates in the communities they serve.