The goal of the SHM Shark Tank is to provide a venue for investigators to obtain targeted feedback from their peers and experienced investigators, the sharks, on their research or quality improvement projects in a highly visible, innovative, dynamic forum, while competing for a one-on-one in-person consultation with an experienced and highly engaged hospital medicine mentor and complimentary registration to SHM Converge 2022.
- Participation in the Shark Tank session is open to SHM members only.
- Submissions may be focused on a project related to research, quality improvement, or medical education topic critical to the practice of hospital medicine.
- Submissions should be well-developed ideas (see submission components, below), but should not have already been started/implemented outside of feasibility pilots.
Submissions will be peer reviewed for selection based on the following criteria:
- Significance of the problem being addressed
- The innovation of the proposed approach/solution
- Short- and long-term impact of the proposed approach/solution
- Planned implementation
- Team organization and membership, i.e., who’s on your team
Session Judging Criteria
- Quality of idea and project plan
- Defined need for mentorship
- The potential impact on hospital medicine
- Presentation delivery and creativity